Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
1. Policy Statement
SS COMMUNICATION AND SERVICES PVT. LTD. (the “Company”) aimed at providing a dedicated approach to community development and also to fulfil CSR commitments. The Company’s focus has always been to contribute to the sustainable development of the society, providing skill education and positive change in environment. This Policy is framed pursuant to the provisions of Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013.
2. CSR Vision
Promote sustainable and inclusive development and upgrade skill education of the citizens.
3. CSR Objective
Promote a comprehensive and integrated development that impacts the society at large through social and economic transformation.
4. Core CSR Commitments (Programs / Activities)
- EDUCATION: Promoting education including enhancing vocational skills, livelihood enhancement projects; skill training, monetary contributions to academic institutions with the objective of assisting students in their studies.
- ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY: Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro-forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining the quality of soil, air and water.
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting health care including preventive health care and sanitation including contribution to the Swach Bharat Kosh set-up by the Central Government for the promotion of sanitation and making available safe drinking water.
- Any other activity falling within the scope of Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 which would enable the Company to achieve its CSR objectives.
5. CSR Governance and Implementation
The Company would be carrying on its CSR programs / activities approved by the CSR Committee through its own sources directly.
6. Monitoring of CSR Activities
The CSR Committee will recommend to the Board of Directors of the Company the amount of expenditure to be incurred on CSR programs/activities. Monitor the CSR Policy of the Company and review its implementation by the Company.
7. CSR Reporting and Communication
The Company will report on the progress of its CSR initiatives in its Annual Report.
8. Corporate Social Responsibility Committee (CSR Committee)
- The Board of Directors will constitute a CSR Committee consisting of 3 or more directors.
- The CSR Committee would formulate and recommend the draft CSR Policy to the Board of Directors and the Board of Directors would approve the Policy.
- The CSR Committee will meet as appropriate to review and monitor the implementation of CSR programs /activities of the Company.
- The Board shall ensure that a minimum of 2% of the average net profits of the Company of the last 3 years is spent on the CSR programs / activities of the Company.
- In case at least 2% of the average net profits of the Company of the last 3 years is not spent in a financial year, reasons for the same shall be specified in the Board’s report.
- All expenditure towards the CSR programs / activities will be diligently documented.
- Any surplus generated out of the CSR programs / activities of the Company will not be added to the normal business profits of the Company